In today’s day and age, there’s no denying that computer technology has become an integral part of our lives. This holds true in almost every aspect of a human’s life, including arts and crafts. Modern artists often pertain to using digital options for creating their art, rather than a canvas.
If you’re such an artist, then you will need a high-quality device to produce your art. In other words, you may need a good quality drawing tablet. These tablets will allow you to digitalize your drawings and sketches, and will ensure great precision when drawing.
To help you make your choice, we have selected top 10 best drawing tablet items for you to choose from.
Things to Look out For
But first, let’s talk about some things you need to look out for when buying a drawing tablet.
- Size. Graphics tablets come in various sizes, and these sizes will have a great impact on your choice. Tablets whose dimensions are larger than 8.5 by 11’’ will have a big surface for you to work on and render a higher resolution, improving the quality of your work, but are more expensive and less portable.
- Pressure Sensitivity. Some tablets have this option, and these are usually the best of the best. These tablets enable you to change the thickness of the lines you draw by adding of relieving pressure. The tablets come with 256, 1024 and 2048 pressure levels that determine their sensitivity.
- Convenient Controls. When controls are concerned, some tablets have preset buttons on the side of the monitor, but some opt for more convenient ways. Some tablets give you controls on the stylus itself so you can quickly manipulate the device. However, this may lead to accidental mistakes, so you’ll need a little more practice with such styli.
- Software. Most tablets come with preset illustration software. This can be a double-edged sword, as you may end up using a program you do not like or are unfamiliar with.
Well, that’s it for our little guide, so let’s take a look at the list.
Top 10 Drawing Tablets Comparison Table
Top 5 Best Drawing Tablet Reviews
When it comes to ultimate quality, Wacom is the brand that excels. It is no wonder then that the top spot on our best drawing tablet list has been taken by Wacom Intuos PTH451 drawing tablet.
As far as professionalism goes, PTH451 is the top dog. The tablet features 2048 levels of pressures sensitivity, allowing for ultimate precision while drawing. To help you with the manipulation of the pictures, you are given a multi-function ring with 4 functions that you can tailor to your liking, giving you a more personal experience.
In addition, you also have six Express Keys that are also customizable, so you’ll have plenty of shortcuts to work with. Also, the tablet improves your control of the device by giving you the ability to manipulate the device with your fingers.
As for the size, the tablet measures 12.5 inches by 8.1 inches, so the tablet will give you plenty of space to work on, and will render your work in large resolutions. It also comes with a complete wireless kit.
- 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Customizable Express Keys and a multi-function ring with 4 functions allow for a good level of responsiveness and navigation.
- 1 x 12.5 inches allow for plenty of work space and high-resolution rendering.
All in all, this is the King of drawing tablets, quite possibly the best tablet for drawing. With its 2048 pressure levels and its good size and resolution, this device is just the one you want to get if you want to produce great quality art.
Number two on our list is reserved for this beauty. As far as quality goes, this tablet delivers the same level as Wacom PHT451. This is a large tablet, measuring 15.6 x 13.5 inches, with a 14.25 x 10.23 inches drawing area, giving you plenty of space to work on, and some really HD resolution rendering.
This tablet features both hard and soft shortcut keys. These keys are completely customizable, allowing you to achieve that sweet personal experience with this device. The tablet features an Advanced Pen Technology and issues 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity for ultimate precision when working on it.
The tablet is also very easily set up and it connects to both Macs and PCs via a single USB connection.
- Very large surface area (14.25×10.23) allows for great resolution rendering.
- Customizable keys allow for a personalized feel of the device.
- Advanced Pen Technology with 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Compatible with both Macs and PCs.
- Being that large, the device isn’t the most portable.
So, there you have it. An awesome device with awesome performances. A 14.25×10.23 inch area will give an awesome space to work on and the 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity will make your drawings precise and accurate.
We don’t know if you’re getting bored of Wacom products, but we certainly are not. Another entry on our list is this Wacom Cintiq drawing tablet that will just blow you away.
The device is pretty substantial, measuring 14.8×9.8 inches, and features a very large 13.3’’ screen that delivers an awesome HD experience with a 1920×1080 resolution. On top of that, the device features 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity so you know your strokes will be just as you planned them.
The tablet also comes with a 3-position display stand, so you may prop it up for a better view of things. The device features Express Keys and a Rocker ring, all of which allow for unlimited personalization. The device is compatible with both Macs and PCs, the connection achieved by a simple 3-in-1 cable.
- Very large 13.3’’ screen offers a great working area.
- 2048 levels of sensitivity allow for great precision of the lines.
- Express Keys and Rocker ring allow personalization and are thus time-saving when navigating.
- Compatible with both PCs and Macs.
- 3-position stand for propping.
- Larger size makes it less portable.
Another awesome device from Wacom, the DTK1300 is a must-have for any digital artist worth his damn. The 13.3’’ inch screen will allow for a great working area, and the 2048 levels of sensitivity will make your lines as precise as Picassos.
We said it before, and we’ll say it again – Wacom products are the best of the best. That is why we have another Wacom product high up on our best drawing tablet list. This tablet is smaller than its previous counterpart, but it delivers a similar quality.
The tablet measures 8.53×5.3 inches, making this tablet fall into the small tablet category. This does make it very portable and easily stored. However, the resolution on the device may not be as high as on the PHT451, but it is certainly satisfactory.
The tablet also features 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity. It may not be as high as with the previous two products, but this is fairly good too, and it is natural for a smaller device. The device is also compatible with both PCs and Macs through a simple USB connection.
- Small size makes this tablet very portable.
- 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity make this device very accurate.
- Compatible with both PCs and Macs.
- Smaller size means smaller resolution.
- Pressure sensitivity not as high.
All in all, this is a solid device for all who want to delve into artistic waters. The small size of the device will allow you to take the tablet anywhere with you and whip it out when inspiration strikes. Also, the 1024 sensitivity levels may not be as high as you might like, but it certainly gives plenty of precision to work with.
And we’ll round up our reviews with this awesome Huion tablet, just to add some diversity to our Wacom-dominated list. But, do not be fooled, as this device delivers quality of the highest rank, and can easily go on a par with any Wacom tablet.
The device is substantial in size, measuring 10×6.25 inches, offering a large working area and great resolutions for your images. The surface of the screen has been specially made to facilitate a papery feel when drawing and prevents your pen from accidently slipping.
The device features 8 buttons fit of personalization and 16 hot keys that can be too customized for convenience. The device features 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, allowing for great control over your strokes.
One great addition to this tablet is the drawing glove that comes with it, that will protect the screen from any unwanted smudges and scratches.
- Large screen offers great working surface and large resolution.
- 8 buttons and 16 hotkeys are fully customizable.
- 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Free drawing glove that protects the screen.
- Larger size makes it a bit less portable.
In all, this tablet is a great addition to any artist that wants to make some good art. A large screen, plenty of customizable buttons and 2048 levels of sensitivity will make this device right at home with a good artist to work on it.
And there you have it, our best drawing tablet list. All of the products on this list are just to die for, and anything you may choose will fit your need very well. We wish you good luck with your doodling, and we really hope you’ll enjoy making your art on one of these great devices.