Creating beautifully detailed images is hard to do with just a mouse and keyboard. Having the best graphics tablet makes it easy to manipulate images and illustrate from scratch. For anyone that will be working with graphics on this tablet, precision and flexibility are key.
To make sure you are getting the best tablet for your money and the one that will actually serve your needs, follow this guide. We have collected together the best available advice and the top products on the market.
The Most Important Features
- Screen Size. Being able to work effectively on a graphics tablet means having a device that comes in a suitable size for your needs. Generally when considering the size of a graphics tablet, the larger the screen size, the better the input quality in comparison with smaller options.
While you do get more freedom with the larger screen, there is portability to consider. This is especially crucial for artists and students that need to be able to work anywhere and at any time.
- Graphics Quality. How you are able to see your work is just as important. This has to do with the setup of the tablet and the connectivity. Some of the more expensive and higher quality models come with monitor displays that mean you work and see the final product on the same screen. Other tablets connect to separate devices with monitors so you can see what you are drawing in a separate location.
Top 6 Graphics Tablets Table
Other Important Features
Having the best software possible, the controls you need and the exact right pressure sensitivity all come together to give you the best graphics tablet on the market.
- Software. Due to the specific nature of graphics tablets, a lot of them come with their own software already installed. This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on what you need from your software. The good news is that most of these tablets will accept third party software, but this does have to be bought separately.
- Controls. Graphics tablets are all designed differently. Some with buttons around the edge of the tablet that have been programmed and others with controls that lie within the drawing pen itself. Having a combination of the two is the best for anyone that needs to work effectively and transition quickly from one setting to the next.
- Pressure Sensitivity. The tablet senses the pressure when you use the stylus and then the information is translated onto the screen and into the image you are working on. Look for devices with higher pressure levels to ensure it will get more information from the pen as you work and therefore create better images.
Top 3 Best Graphics Tablet Reviews
Even though the price is high compared to other graphics tablets, the XP-Pen Artist22 is a bargain for the size and the screen quality. Considering the rich colors and the flawless surface, you get more than you pay for.
The pens that come with this tablet are also very precise and the fact that the tablet does come with 2 pens is an obvious plus. These do have to be charged but they are great whenever you work with them.
There is also a stand that comes with this graphics tablet that means you can work at various heights. This is a good feature to have but it is the quality of the tablet itself that is the most appealing.
The Ugee M1000L 8 Expresskeys gives you a large enough space to do most graphics related work including designing. There are buttons on the side of the screen or working area that let you operate the entire tablet with ease.
The pen itself is a great too, coming with shortcuts that make transitioning even faster than with the already accessible buttons. This is also a system that works with the most common operating systems for displaying the work.
You can order the tablet to come with all of the CDs to download the appropriate drivers to make the device compatible with a monitor.
The Wacom Intuous Draw CTL490DW is an amazing tablet to have when you want to be able to draw, especially freehand. The tablet easily connects to any PC or Mac and can be set up for right-handed or left-handed use.
This is the best graphics tablet for artists that need their work to be easily manipulated. There is the ability to be free with designs while also having the control you want on the computer.
One of the best aspects of this graphics tablet is the size and the compatibility. The pressure sensitivity is on point too. The thicker and lighter lines will be sensed perfectly by the pressure you put into the pen.