Ensuring you are able to get and read your favorite material on your tablet is key to being able to enjoy it fully. If you love comics and love that they are more readily available on tablets then you need to invest in a tablet that has the specs, the space and the capabilities to keep up with your interest.
To help determine which is the best tablet for comics, we have developed this buying guide with all of the most important specs and the most popular tablets on the market today.
Things to Consider
- Compatibility. Getting subscriptions for digital comics is a must for any avid comic reader investing in a tablet. The challenge comes when some of the subscriptions are not available for all operating systems or for all makes. Ensure you can get your favorites on the tablet before making a purchase.
- Size. Larger tablets more easily approach the comic book quality that you want in a device but the smaller tablets are more convenient for transportation. If you will be using the tablet at home exclusively then the larger size is the better choice, otherwise, the smaller tablets and even the mini options are more suitable.
- Battery Life. This is crucial for any avid comic book reader and can often be effected by the size of the device you choose. It is recommended that you choose a tablet that will last for at least 7 hours on a single full charge.
- Resolution. For small tablets the resolution is often a concern but as long as the device is on our recommended list or has been advertised as being great for graphics, then it should be more than suitable for comics.
Top 6 Tablets for Comics Chart
Tablet for Comics and Your Budget
Storage and the processing power are two of the things that will seriously affect how you are able to use your tablet but they are also two of the features that will have the biggest effect on the price. Consider our recommendations:
- Minimum Storage: 16GB. Books and comic books don’t take up nearly as much room as other kinds of media on a tablet, but they still require enough room to be able to download comfortable without slowing the operation of the device. Look for a tablet that has at least 16GB of storage so all of your apps and current comics can be enjoyed without interruption.
- Speed Is the Key. The processing power will have an effect on the speed with which your tablet works in many different ways. It will affect how quickly you are able to download comics and how easily you will be able to switch from one app to another. Having more processing power and at least 3 GB of RAM is recommended for the best tablet for comics.
Top 3 Best Tablet for Comics Reviews
The Apple iPad Air 2 is thinner and more lightweight than previous versions of the iPad, something that makes it easier to carry around right off the bat.
The feature that makes it most suitable for comics, however, is the incredibly advanced retina display. This makes the colors more vibrant and it gives images and writing more clarity.
This device also has all of the right specs for anyone that likes to do a lot with media, especially watching videos and reading magazines and comics.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is the tablet that everyone can use whether it is for work or going to be accessed more for pleasure.
The graphics or resolution and the speed of this device mean that it is great for consuming large amounts of media and the larger size helps with that too.
You can also use this tablet to record your own media for sharing. There is even a kid-friendly interface that puts parents in control for when the device will be shared with the whole family.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S has a powerful processor and stellar screen resolution that mean everything you display using this tablet is done quickly and beautifully.
This is one of the reasons this is the best tablet for comics in particular. In addition to having a massive 10.5-inch screen, images are clear and look almost as good as they would with a paper comic.
This is a more expensive tablet but the price is well worth all of the advanced specs that you get.